Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Katy Perry for OPI Collection - Black Shatter

     If you're a fan of Katy Perry, then you know she always seems to be sporting some pretty awesome nail designs. Well did you know she did a nail polish collection with one of my favorite nail polish companies?! Katy Perry created a nail polish collection with OPI that includes four new nail polish colors and a black "crackle" polish, which is my favorite out of the collection. Last Friday Night, Not Like The Movies, Teenage Dream, and The One That Got Away are the four different polish colors included in the collection. In all honestly, those colors didn't really call to me. The only one I bought was the crackle polish, which is called Black Shatter.I was so happy to pick this one up because I've never owned a crackle polish before! When I was younger, I believe Cover Girl released a few crackle polishes. However, I was a child at the time, so I didn't have the money for it, and my mom didn't believe in buying nail polish for a child..go figure =\ Anyways, now I finally have my hands on my very own crackle polish, and I am so happy with it!
      In case you didn't know, crackle polishes are a sort of topcoat. You apply the crackle topcoat over a base color, and the polish begins to make a cracked effect on the nail. It gives off this cool shattered look, leaving your nails looking edgy and rockin'!


 This is OPI Black Shatter over Klean Color Pink Holo. I used one coat of Black Shatter. This polish dries matte, so if you want a shiny finish, I suggest you add a nice topcoat. Topcoat will also help make the polish stay on longer =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

*PLEASE* no blog links or spam :) All links & spam will be deleted :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...