Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maybelline COLORsensational Lipstick In Coral Desire: Swatches & My Thoughts

Has anyone else seen the new (to me!) Maybelline Spring display? The one with two nail polish colors, two new lipglosses, and two new lipsticks? I just came across the display recently while I was at Walgreens. I should've taken a picture...darnnit! The display wasn't too special or anything. The polishes looked frosty...yuck. And the lipglosses looked pretty dupey..yawn. However, there was a lipstick in the collection that caught my eye...


I've really been digging coral lipsticks lately! Actually, anything coral is catching my eye..coral nail polish...lipstick...eyshadow, you name it! Lol! So as soon as I saw that this lippie had "coral" in it's name, I knew I had to try it out.

 
 It looks great in the tube, right? When I opened it for the first time, I was beyond excited to swatch! And then...

Beautiful coral color, where'd you go?! :(
As you can see in this swatch, this lipstick is pretty darn sheer! This pciture was taken in the shade.

This picture was taken in the sunlight..even worse! 
Don't get me wrong, this is still a beautiful lipstick. I actually really like it! I just wish it was more pigmented =(
However, it is VERY moisturizing! The first time I applied it, my lips were yucky and chappy. This lipstick actually worked like a chapstick, and added color, shine and moisture to my lips!
So all in all, I would recommend this lipstick to anyone looking for a lip product that'll give a nice coral and gold shimmery sheen to your lips. BUT if you're looking for full on coral lips, don't even bother.I like this lippie...but I don't love it.

Let's end this post on a positive note with my song of the day!!!



this song is BEYOND awesome..such a great collab! LOVES IT

No comments:

Post a Comment

*PLEASE* no blog links or spam :) All links & spam will be deleted :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...