Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Drugstore Haul & Swatches & NEW Wet N' Wild Palettes & Covergirl Lipsticks!

Guess who went bargain hunting?

Not me! I came across many good sale items, but it wasn't intentional at all! CVS had this amazing beauty clearance sale that I happily participated in last month. This month it's supposedly over, but if you're lucky you can still find some greatly priced gems! 

 I luckily found that L'Oreal HiP Kohl Liner hidden behind an eyeshadow duo. It was only $2.37! And that Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in Purple Pizzazz was only $0.79!!!!

I bought two of the new Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks, one in Siren and the other in Divine. I plan on going back and getting a LOT more! These things are AMAZING! They're moisturizing and very pigmented! They exceed my expectations of drugstore lipsticks. I now have a new repect for Covergirl. These are my first Covergirl lipsticks, but they will NOT be my last! I'm in looove =D
Here's swatches of the Covergirl lipsticks and the HiP Kohl Liner in black Kohl. From top to bottom, it's Covergirl Lip Perfection in Devine, Siren, and on the bottom is the L'Oreal black kohl liner.

Here's my new babies!!! I love love LOVE these palettes! Wet N' Wild is just stepping their game up with every palette they create! These are the new Wet N' Wild 8-pan Color Icon palettes in Comfort Zone and Petal Pusher. There is also a blue palette that was released, but I'm probably just going to wait for the next sale before i get that one. I had to have these two though! They're are so pigmented and such a great value! Each palette in $4.99! For EIGHT colors! That's awesome sauce right there, and you know it!

 Here's my swatches of the two palettes. The top 8 colors are from the Comfort Zone palette, and the bottom 8 are from Petal Pusher. To the left of the picture you'll notice 4 purple shades. Those are actually from one of the limited edition holiday palettes Wet N' Wild released last year called Sugar Plum Fairy. I swatched those colors because I wanted to show how similar they were to 4 of the colors from the new Petal Pusher palette. They are slight differences in the colors, but if you already have Sugar Plum Fairy and don't feel like spending an extra five bucks for the 4 completely different shades, then I'd say you could pass. I, however, really wanted those four new shades! ;P

Comfort Zone in shade
Comfort Zone without shade
Yea..there's just no shade for Petal Pusher..my bad!

What do you think of the items I hauled? Are they "haul-worthy"? =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

*PLEASE* no blog links or spam :) All links & spam will be deleted :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...